Sunday, August 25, 2013

the County Fair

Every August the city of Denton has been putting on the annual North Texas State Fair and Rodeo, 2013 marked their 85th year. Country music bands come through for shows, various carnival rides are brought in and loads of delicious fried fair food are scattered between the rides. I enjoy this fair because it reminds me of all those old black and white movies of the small towns or books from my childhood about the county fair, there is a coming together of the city which reminds me that some times it is not bad to live in a small Texas town.
Here are a few of my snap shots.



The fair always signals the end of summer, it is a bitter sweet feeling. Nights become shorter, the children go back to school, the hint of colder weather to come, but there is also the knowing feeling that there are new beginnings and adventures on the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home