Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Food Photography

     I have recently become very interested in food photography. Besides photography, cooking and food is one of my greatest passions, I love cooking and I think one of the most enjoyable times you can have is with a big group of friends around the table. I love finding a beautiful cook book and roaming through the pages for new ideas and recipes, some of my favorite are the Jamie Olive cook books. He has a great way of making food simple and easy to cook but also while promoting good health, family meal time, and using the best and simplest ingredient to make a wonderful dish. His books are also visually beautiful thanks to his head photographer David Loftus, I have become obsessed with him after watching his helpful tips on food photography on Jamie Olive's Foodtube. So this summer I have been working on playing around with some food photos, I am starting to think this might be a field of photography I would really like to pursue. I am hoping with some more practice and a little training I can go on to create some great photos :)
     So here are a few of my photos, I kind of go more for that old time country/outside look but I do think I  need to work on some more polished looking setups. I would be grateful for any helpful tips or ideas!
Chicken and quail eggs from the farmers market. I thought they were pretty.

Pasta with basil, tomatoes with a olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing 

Rainbow trout on a bed of swiss char and navy beans.

Gnocchi!
Wild rice with spinach, acorn squash, feta, roasted sunflower seeds, peppers and chopped herbs.
Strawberries and biscuits!

Never thought I could cook a good steak but this flat iron steak turned out amazing, come visit me and I will cook you one!

Tom Kah, it has to be my favorite food. I am still trying to perfect this recipe. Kava seemed to love it though.

This is the first time I have successfully baked, now I make these scones about twice a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home