Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I hope everyone was able to enjoy their holiday. Personally Thanksgiving is one of my favorites, mainly because it centers around food and fall colors :) This Thanksgiving was my first to organize, normally my mother does most of it and I would wonder in with a side dish. But this year my mother was too busy with all the grandmas so I knew it was going to fall to me to make this dinner happen. I started with such high ambition. Then reality hit. Shopping for the meal was AWFUL! I even went on the Monday before and the stores were picked clean and chaotic. Many tears happened this past week, being overwhelmed with the planning, cooking, shopping and cleaning. But luckily my aunt offered to bring the turkey which took a load of work off me (so grateful for my aunt!). As hard as it all was and with all the break downs I had it was still worth it (though next year I still might opt out for Chilies take out). But Thanksgiving lunch was a success and overall I was quite proud of how the day unfolded. My aunt Nita and uncle Joe came over with one of their friends and their four dogs, that made a grand total of nine dogs in my mothers tiny house. But it was like having a house full of very lively children, who had no inside voice. That is how my family rolls, with a little chaos and a lot of love. I learned that day however, that I should stop worrying so much about how everything will look and to take in the time I have with my family. The fact is we are all alive and reasonably healthy, I am so grateful for being able to have another Thanksgiving with my family. To be able to eat great food and laugh with them, is what I treasure most.
How was your Thanksgiving? what are you most grateful for this year?

Got to my parents bright and early thanksgiving morning, frost cover the ground.

Got started cooking early!
Every year I try to make something new, this year it was a smoked salmon dip. It went over very well :)
Dad helped me out by cleaning the windows.
Goodies to munch on.
Pippin chillaxing in the sun
Mr. John carving the turkey!
Mom and aunt Nita sat with their mother (grandmamie)
Everyone else at the table!
My wonderful grandma.
Sweet aunt Lucille was so excited to have everyone over, she is blind but that does not stop her from being the life of the party.
My brother Jon and his girlfriend Chloe.
I think the last time we had a family photo was Christmas 2005.
Pippin getting after  the leftovers.
Aunt Nita and her pups.
Krissi rolled in something outside so she had to have an impromptu bath.
From left; Aunt Lucille, my mom Ruthann, Grandma and aunt Lucille.
Dad taking a little coffee break.
Family time :)
What my aftermath of cleaning looked like, but so much good food and great family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home