Thursday, December 12, 2013

Winter snow! (really more like ice)

     So as many of you know by now, Texas has had a BIG winter storm. Well, big for us. But really it has shut down schools for a week, and we started to run out of gas because trucks could not make it on the ice, restaurants started to run out of food resulting basically, in an end of the world apocalypse for Texas. My luck (not!!!!) is that I live on a hill and until today haven't been able to get my car out of the driveway because the sun never hits the drive and it has been a sheet of thick ice (next year I am parking it off the hill the minuet I hear we are going to have "snow").  I managed to have a pretty good time though, I live right in the middle of Denton so there were a lot of places in walking distance for me. I had about four days snowed in, but in those four days I think I was more active than I have been all year. I walked several miles each day to get food (by that I mean I went to restaurants or bars so they could feed me), walked to the gas station for Redbox movies, and all over UNT to find hills to slide down on my skateboard. All together I think many of us made the best of it all :)

Think this describes us Texans pretty will
This was really sad though, and creepy. I am terrified of bridges so this has not helped.
 It's EVERYWHERE!

All of the photos are from my phone, I recently discovered VSCOcam and had a lot of fun with it.

All the beautiful trees and snow covered streets.

The pups at play.



First day of snow was a success! I did not fall :)


      
Cats. If you look closely you can see the black and white one inside the shed
Me and my one true love :)


Cora looks good no matter where you put her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home